- For server or main station: Intel I5, 8th generation, clock speed of 3.0 GHz or better.
- For satellite station, you can opt for a computer with less power, say an inexpensive
pre-owned 3rd generation Intel I5 or better.
Note that AMD processor-based stations are not recommended because these target residential applications and usually do not include the same quality of components as found in stations aimed at the business market segment.
- For a server or main station: 16 GB RAM or more.
- For a satellite station: 4GB.
- For a server or main station: 1TB SSD drive, preferably twoin RAID 1 configuration
For added redundancy, you can put more disks in RAID5 or RAID10.
- For a satellite station: Any size single hard disks will do fine.
- For main/satellite stations: Windows 10 Pro™ 64 bit (the Pro/Business
versions are recommanded but not required). Apple Mac computers are also acceptable if
running a Windows system emulator.
- For servers, Windows Server™ 2019 but versions 2012 and 2016 are fully
- 22 inch LED flat screen with 1200 x 1024 resolution. Touchscreen prices have
dropped over the last few years, making them interesting options.
- 500 VA Uninterruptable Power Supply (UPS) on all stations.
- Laser printer (Hewlett Packard™ brand is very recommendable) .
Optional equipment which is very appreciated by dental practices
- Any inexpensive digital camera to take portraits of patients at the front desk
- A Dymo LabelWriter 450 printer (not the dual type)
For any station: Intel i3 is a minimum. No AMD processors.
For any station: 2 GB RAM.
For any station: 80 GB hard drive.
For any stations: Windows 7™ is an absolute minimum. Only 64-bit configuration.
N.B.: Windows 2003™, Windows RT™, Windows Vista™ and Windows XP™ are not powerful enough to support ExcelDent.